Yoga Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) -Benefits, Sequence, And Variations
How to Do Yoga Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana) :
This Pose in yoga is an exercise that is easy to perform. It is highly done in Yoga and Pilates classes. The stretch is gentle and thus favoring inner groin, inner thigh, and hamstrings.
Happy baby pose is the best relaxation which will suit your back. Additionally, it will help in the opening of the chest, shoulders, and hips.
The yoga happy baby pose is the best treat that you need to offer to yourself from time to time. This is very relaxing and thus best for performing after a workout.
Lying on the back and finding a neutral spine position in which the natural curves of the spine are seen but not exaggerated.
Bringing of the knees towards the chest. While bringing the knees up, there is a need to keep the hip sockets to assist the legs to come up while the hips remain down. Ensure you keep the neutral spine with its tailbone present in the mat.
Flexing the feet and showing the feet soles towards the ceiling. Wrapping fists with two fingers in the big toes will pull down lightly. The feet will end up remaining flat towards the ceiling and releasing for the knees to get close to allow room for relaxation.
Taking the time and breath deeply. You will enjoy the natural stretch in your hamstrings.
Letting the back relax while on the floor. You should not push it down but leave it to release naturally.
Happy Baby Pose Benefits:
- While performing this pose, there is a need to open the hips to help give a stretch to inner thighs and the hamstrings present at the legs and groin back.
- It will be releasing the sacrum and back. You will be noticing the tighter hip and determining the one to target for greater mobility and flexibility.
- While conducting yoga, the move is recommended to help relieve fatigue and stress, to center and calm you.
- You may have watched a baby grabbing toes and playing with them.
- You may be envying their motion and a wonderful sense. All you need is grabbing your toes like the baby, and you will end up bringing back the flexible spine you were having while a baby.
Tips For Safe Happy Baby Pose Practice(Ananda Balasana)
- While pregnant or having a neck or knee injury, you will not wish to do the Happy Baby exercise.
- There is a need to ask the instructor for alternative and modifications exercises. While experiencing pain during the training, you need to stop to avoid injuries.
Variation for Yoga Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana)
- You will be doing this form of the pose in ways that are making it great for beginners. You will also deepen in your exercise while practicing.
- If you are unable to hold your feet, you may consider using an exercise band or strap to help you hold off the foot. More also, you will be looping it in the arch middle.