How to do Triangle Pose Yoga or Trikonasana:
The Trikonasana is Sanskrit, which is derived using the words. Trikona is implying to Asana and Triangle, which is referring to posture. It is highly logical, starting to wonder about the triangle shape after hearing the triangle pose name. Its body shape is highly similar to the triangle shape in the final pose position. Trikonasana has its benefits, which help it in the strengthening of joints and muscles stretching of one’s body.
Standing in Tadasana. With respiration, there is a need to step or lightly jump 3 ½ to 4 feet apart.
You will be raising the arms parallel towards your floor and reaching them actively towards your sides. The shoulders will blade wide, and the palms look down. Turning the left foot to the right and the right foot out towards the 90 degrees. There is a need for aligning the heel using the left heel.
Exhaling and extending the torso towards the right on the right leg plane. Bending will take the hip joint towards rather than the waist.
Resting the right hand on the floor, ankle, and shin on the outside of the right foot.
There is a need for stretching the left area toward your ceiling regarding the tops of one’s shoulders. You need to keep the head in the neutral position or turn it towards the left. The leg will be gazing softly in the left thumb while practicing the Triangle pose yoga.
Benefits of Triangle Pose Yoga (Trikonasana)
- Stretching and strengthening the ankles, knees, and thighs.
- Stretching the spine, chest, shoulders, calves, hamstrings, groins, and hips.
- Stimulation of abdominal organs.
- Assists in relieving menopause symptoms.
- Relieving headache particularly in the second pregnancy trimester.
- Therapeutic for sciatica, osteoporosis, neck pain, infertility, flat feet, and anxiety.
Safety and Precautions for Triangle Pose Yoga (Trikonasana)
- There is no need of overstretching the body in the course of practicing Triangle pose yoga. It is likely to end up causing unnecessary injury or pain.
- If the neck is hurting towards the upward direction, there is a need for lowering it slightly.
- You need to avoid practicing this form of asana in severe pain on your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Individuals suffering from any of the conditions need to avoid practicing this kind of asana. While practicing asana, ensure you are not suffering from breathable trouble, high blood pressure, spinal disorders, vertigo, arthritis, and knee.
Modifications and variation for Triangle Pose Yoga (Trikonasana)
- While unable to comfortably touch the floor using the bottom fingertips and bottom hand, there is a need for supporting them using the palm on the block. For the more experienced students, there is a need for aligning the front heel using the back foot arch.
- Rather than stretching the top arm towards your ceiling, you will be pulling it towards the back of one’s top, which is parallel to one’s floor.