How to do Tree Pose Yoga or Vriksasana:
It is a pose that is challenging. At first, you may be thinking that the pose is easy. It involves a combination of flexibility, balance, and strength. You should not fear as a chair or wall is a reliable place for balancing in the case of this pose. Besides, there are a variety of variations with the aim of accommodating as many people as possible.
How to do Tree Pose or Vriksasana:
Standing straight while practicing the mountain pose. You need to ensure that the arms remain on the sides.
Balancing the weight with the use of the left leg. Ensure you are bending the right leg and keeping right leg feet at the left thigh sides with the use of the hand.
Raising the two arms upward and joining the palms together. It will assist in keeping the spine straight.
Holding the position for a period of 15-20 seconds.
Lowering the arms and legs to help in coming back to starting position.
Benefits of Tree pose Yoga (Vriksasana)
- Stretching the groin and inner thighs.
- Strengthening the feet muscles, core, calves, and thighs.
- Improving and strengthening of posture.
- Calming of the mind.
- Relaxation of the central nervous system.
Safety and Precautions on Tree pose Yoga (Vriksasana)
- Never practice tree pose while having insomnia.
- When you have high blood pressure, ensure you are not raising the arms upwards.
- Individuals with severe thigh or leg injury need to avoid the practice of Vriksasana.
- You need not practice any form of Yoga after eating
- Do not engage in tree pose while suffering from low blood pressure.
- Avoid the practice of tree pose while suffering from a headache.
Modifications and Variations on Tree pose Yoga (Vriksasana)
- If you are having challenges in keeping the foot raised. You need to adjust your clothing to help the foot to contact the skin directly.
- Placing on hand against the chair or wall for purposes of extra support. Besides, you may lean the shoulders and hips against the given wall.
- Keeping the lifted legs toes on the ground. The heel will be resting against the standing leg ankle.
- Bringing the arms interlace or overhead the hands which are behind the back for variation purposes.
- In the case of people with high blood pressure, you will be keeping hands at the sides or else in a prayer position rather than raising them over the head.