How to do Lotus Yoga Pose or Padmasana:
There are a variety of yoga practices in the current world. They are varying from meditative, relaxing, comfortable, and class yoga. All the different styles are different from each other. The variations will vary regarding teachers. There is a need for giving a few teachers and techniques a try before considering using the yoga style that will suit you best.
Lotus yoga pose is a cross-legged posture which assists in deepening meditation by calming the mind and alleviation of the different physical ailments. This regular practice helps in the overall blossoming of the person who is the practitioner. The lotus pose is, in other terms, known as the Vajra position.
Sitting on a mat or floor while stretching the legs out. You ought to ensure you are keeping the spine erect.
You need to bend your right knee and place it on the left thigh. Ensure the sole of your feet is pointing to the feet point upward while the heel is close to the abdomen.
You need to repeat the procedure using the other leg.
Cross the feet on opposite thighs and place the hands on the knees using a mudra position. You need to ensure you are keeping the head straight while the spine is erect. Additionally, you need to hold and continue with the long breaths both in and out.
Benefits of Lotus Yoga Pose (Padmasana)
- Improving digestion.
- Reducing muscular tension and bringing blood pressure in control.
- Relaxation of mind.
- Assisting pregnant ladies in the course of childbirth.
- Reduction of menstrual discomfort.
Safety and Precautions for Lotus Yoga Pose (Padmasana)
- It is an injury that you should avoid while bearing any form of wounds on the ankles or knees. Ensure you are warming up properly before considering sitting on Lotus Pose. The rotation ought to bring the feet on the rope of the thighs. It is coming from the hips rather than the knees.
- If you are experiencing any pain in the knee when twisted, there is a need to gently backing out from the pose.
Modifications and variation for Lotus Yoga Pose (Padmasana)
- The best form of medication is becoming comfortable using the Half Lotus. You may as well prepare using Head-to-Knee Pose, Hero Pose, and Cobbler’s pose. You need to ensure you are regularly practicing, and the hips are going to open even more with time.
- A lot of practice will end up bringing your legs to Lotus without necessarily using the hands.
- While in Lotus, there is a need for planting on the palms on the floor present on each side of the hips. There is a need for lifting butt and crossing your legs off your floor. It will help in coming into the Scale Pose.
- While beginning with Lotus legs without using hands, you will be practicing the pose in the Headstand and Shoulder stand.