How to do Child Pose Yoga or Balasana:
Yoga exercise incorporates posing, meditating, and exercising which helps in encouraging the reduction of stress and relaxation. The practice of yoga will be coming with a variety of benefits for both physical and mental health.
Child pose yoga is a pose which is resembling the fetal position. The resting pose will be focusing on one’s thighs. Besides, it will alleviate one’s back pains. When you perform asana using great gravitational force, you will end up noticing a major sense of emotional, physical and mental solace.
Kneeling on the floor and touching each other’s big toes while sitting on the heels. When you are comfortable, there is a need to spread the knees to hip-width apart while inhaling.
Bending forward and lying torso in the area between your thigh while exhaling. Broadening sacrum in the pelvis back and narrowing the hip points. They will end up pointing towards the navel area. Ensure you are settling down in the inner thighs area.
Stretching of tailbone from pelvis back while lifting the head base slightly away from the neck back. Forward stretching of arms and placing them in front of you. The arms ought to be in line with your knees.
Asana is a resting position in which you will end up staying for 30 seconds to a period of a few minutes. For you to succeed is the release of asana, there is a need of stretching on the front torso. Additionally, breath while lifting the tailbone. It will end up pushing down towards the pelvis.
Benefits of Child Pose Yoga (Balasana)
- It assists in the release of tension in the shoulders, back, and chest.
- It is highly recommended while one has dizziness or fatigue in the course of a workout.
- It helps in reducing anxiety and stress.
- Assists in massaging and flexing on the body’s internal organs keeping them supple and active.
- Asana assists in stretching and lengthening of the spine.
- Done with the support of the torso and head. It will be relieving pain in the neck and lower back.
- Assists in stretching of thigh, hips, and ankles.
- It will be promoting blood circulation throughout your body.
- The ligaments, muscles, and tendons present in the knee area will be stretched thoroughly.
- Encouraging the right form of breathing to help in calming of mind and body.
Safety and Precautions for Child Pose Yoga (Balasana)
- Using a pillow while finding it difficult placing the head on the floor.
- Avoiding doing asana while suffering from knee injuries or diarrhea.
- Patients suffering from high blood pressure should avoid conducting asana.
Modifications and variation for Child Pose Yoga (Balasana)
- If you have more torso or belly flesh; you need to consider separating your knees. While flexing knees and lengthening them forward, you will have adequate room for your belly.
- Additionally, you may consider bending the arms at your elbows while keeping the whole arm grounded on the floor. You will end up having more room or resting the shoulder and arms.
Source: Yoga Journal